I have attached flyers for an upcoming Wills clinic and the Building Generational Wealth Workshops. Providence Missionary Baptist Church and Greater Turner Chapel AME will be hosting these workshops and clinics in the Cascade community. Atlanta Legal Aid Senior Citizens Law Project Staff Attorney Sarah Stein and the Georgia Heirs Property Law Center Legal Programs Director Attorney Joann Johnston are the lead attorneys partnering for this endeavor for both organizations to help create and build generational wealth and secure property rights.
The first Building Generational Wealth Workshop will be Tuesday May 21st at Providence Missionary Baptist from 6pm-8pm. The 2nd Building Generational Wealth Workshop will be on Thursday May 23rd at Greater Turner Chapel AME from 6pm-8pm. Residents would need to attend at least one of these workshops in order to apply for the Wills Clinic that will be at Providence on Saturday June 22nd. The Wills clinic flyer lists the qualifications and also has a contact number for more info.
Neighbors Together is bringing in national experts on community leadership to METRO ATLANTA for a dynamic day of training. You will learn to identify the personal strengths and skills you bring to leadership roles in your community and ways to build on them.
Saturday, June 8, 2019 9:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Georgia State University – Perimeter Decatur Campus
3251 Panthersville Rd, Decatur GA 30034
Lunch and event materials provided!
Register here: https://events.r20.constantcontact.com/register/eventReg?oeidk=a07eg95vu46ad41161d&oseq=&c=&ch=
–First 100 registrants entered in drawing for $100 Visa Gift Card.
–Drawing for an Apple iPad
–Drawing for 4 additional $100 Visa Gift Cards.
(Must be present at drawing to win)
Good Morning Everyone,
The FREE Film/TV Production Assistant Pilot Training Program was finally approved by all parties late Friday afternoon and it has a VERY SHORT TURNAROUND for applications. Applications must be submitted via the link below no later than THIS WEDNESDAY at 9 am. It is an extremely tight turnaround so will you be able to distribute the message and link below immediately this AM to as many District 12/Fort McPherson CES constituents as possible. Councilmember Sheperd is asking that you send this out as soon as possible to your Neighborhood Association Chairs and constituents in your NPU’s.
We are sharing great news about a new FREE Film/TV Pilot Production Assistant Pilot Training Opportunity for City of Atlanta and Fulton County residents. Amazing Stories Foundation, founded by director/producer Rob Hardy, is partnering with the Urban League of Greater Atlanta, the City of East Point and with work experience support from WorkSource Atlanta and Fulton County, to offer a pilot Production Assistant Training for 15 Trainees. All of the approvals and details have just been confirmed and to meet TV and Film Production schedules, there is a short turnaround time for applications.
All applications must be received by Wednesday, May 22, 2019 9 a.m. Applications received after this date/time will not be accepted.
This training program is a great opportunity so please share with your networks IMMEDIATELY and encourage people to apply.
If you have any questions, please contact Tamara Roulhac, ULGA Film/TV ULGA Career and Employment Coach by email at by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at email@example.com or by phone at 404-546-3651.
This email is being sent to you as an invitation to The City of Atlanta’s REVIVE Business Expo 2019 being held at the GWCC (Georgia World Congress Center) on June 5th, 2019. This event is being offered at No Charge to all registered attendees. Please note that the exhibitor opportunities will be limited to the first 200 interested entities. Additionally, parking will be complimentary to the first 1000 attendees.
Please click on the link below to register as an attendee or exhibitor: https://web.atlantaga.gov/vendorexpo/
Community members in Atlanta’s Neighborhood Planning Unit V (NPU-V) — comprised of the Adair Park, Capitol Gateway, Mechanicsville, Peoplestown, Pittsburgh and Summerhill neighborhoods — are calling for funds to invest in curbing gun violence in the community.
NPU-V’s Community Safety Committee — a volunteer group with representatives from the Casey Foundation, the neighborhoods, local nonprofits, health care providers, law enforcement agencies and other stakeholders — are seeking support to implement Cure Violence, a public-health approach to address shootings.
Cure Violence has worked internationally and in major U.S. cities such as Baltimore and Chicago.
“NPU-V residents are strong, resilient and want their neighborhoods to be safe,” says Natallie Keiser, senior associate with Casey’s Atlanta Civic Site. “Cure Violence is a proven model that can give community members the opportunity to be peacemakers and provide pathways out of violence.”
Learn more here: https://www.aecf.org/blog/residents-in-npu-v-look-to-proven-model-to-curb-violence
SUMMER YOUTH PROGRAMS
- Goodwill of North Georgia is actively recruiting for the Summer 2019 This Way Ahead Internship Program, designed to provide young adults an opportunity to gain skills and confidence in a competitive work environment. These paid internship roles are with GAP, Old Navy, Banana Republic and Athleta stores and include: sales and support; shipment; fitting rooms; merchandise replenishment; store visuals; loss prevention. Goodwill provides Job Readiness Training for interested youth beginning in March. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Tommy Nobis Center is accepting applications for the 2019 Summer EYES program. Program participants will be able to reinforce learning obtained from attending classes of PSA and JRT during the school year by working in the community sites and receiving additional training. Participants will also gain exposure to potential employment opportunities. Each student will have gained the skills needed to obtain employment and further assist them toward goals of becoming a productive member of society. Please send referral information to Elyse Stokes, Program Coordinator, Elyse.Stokes@tommynobiscenter.org by May 17th. Click here for a flyer.
- WorkSource Fulton’s Legacy Youth program is currently recruiting for the 2019 Summer Work Experienceproject. The program will provide short term paid internships for Out Of School Youth, ages 16-24, and will include jobs available in different career sectors such as customer service, healthcare, logistics, IT and telecommunications. Interested participants should call Robin Cousins, Program Manager at 404-414-4231.
HIRING ALERTS FOR JOB SEEKERS
- Premier Placements is actively recruiting for groundskeepers in the apartment industry for positions throughout metro Atlanta. The position does not require any previous experience, nor do they need to own a vehicle. Many of the opportunities are accessible through public transportation. The work is primarily outdoors. The position pays $12 per hour. If you know of anyone who would benefit from this type of work, contact Tina Sibley at 678-965-5690 or email@example.com.
JOB FAIRS AND HIRING EVENTS FOR JOB SEEKERS
- Goodwill of North Georgia hosts hiring events and job fairs in partnership with employers at its Career Centers each month. Following is a look at upcoming opportunities to engage with employers. For a complete list of Goodwill events for job seekers, click here for access to event calendars for each Career Center.
- Decatur – Adecco-CSM Bakery Staffing Event – Monday, April 29th, from 9:30 AM to 12:00 PM,Decatur Career Center (2201 Lawrenceville Highway, Suite 200, Decatur, GA). Contact Leira Garcia-Cabrera at firstname.lastname@example.org or 404-554-9600 for more information. (This hiring event is by appointment only.)
- The Urban League of Greater Atlanta’s College and Career Center and Six Flags Over Georgia will host a hiring event on Monday, April 29th, from 5:00 PM to 7:00 PM, at the At-Promise Center (740 Cameron Madison Alexander Blvd NW, Atlanta, GA). Six Flags is hiring for several positions at the park. Job seekers should be prepared to interview. For more information on Six Flags, click here.
- Job Fair ATL is hosting its next Job Fair on Monday, May 13th, from 11:00 AM to 6:00 PM, at the Hyatt Regency Atlanta (265 Peachtree Street, NE, Atlanta, GA). Job seekers can meet and interview with hiring companies from the following sectors: accommodations, accounting, advertising, aerospace, agriculture & agribusiness, air transportation, apparel & accessories, auto, banking, beauty & cosmetics, biotechnology, chemical, communications, computer, construction, consulting, consumer products, education, electronics, employment, energy, entertainment & recreation, fashion, financial services, fine arts, food & beverage, green technology, health, information, information technology, insurance, journalism & news, legal services, manufacturing, media & broadcasting, medical devices & supplies, motion pictures & video, music, pharmaceutical, public administration, public relations, publishing, real estate, retail, service, sports, technology, telecommunications, tourism, transportation, travel, utilities, video game, and web services. Click here for a link to register.
- The City of Refuge is holding its next Career Fair on Wednesday, May 15th, from 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM, in partnership with Veterans Molding Minds, at its Workforce Innovation Hub (1300 Joseph E. Boone Boulevard, Atlanta, GA). Click here for a flyer for dates on future career fairs.
Emmaus House has created a Community Canvassing Program to promote workforce training and employment opportunities to residents of the NPU-V neighborhoods: Adair Park, Pittsburgh, Mechanicsville, Summer Hill, Peoplestown, and Capital Gateway. We seek to hire a Program Coordinator and canvassers from each neighborhood.
The Program Coordinator must be a resident of one of the NPU-V neighborhoods listed above. Applicant must be an ambitious, multitasker able to inspire team members to keep them focused and running smoothly. He/she needs to be able to work at their own pace and utilize their time effectively. The Program Coordinator will serve as Team Lead and will provide day-to-day oversight of administrative & operational functions to achieve program sustainability & success in accordance with defined targets, strategies, and goals. This role requires the individual to be organized, detail-oriented, and comfortable working in the community with a diverse team.
Canvassers must be residents of one of the NPU-V neighborhoods listed above. Applicants must be passionate and motivated individuals who can approach many different personality types and modify the canvass script to match each particular person. Canvassers must work at their own pace and maximize their time effectively. Canvassers need to be positive, polite, respectful, engaging, and good listeners.
The job descriptions can also be found at https://www.emmaushouseatlanta.org/news/2019/5/1/emmaus-house-seeks-canvassers-to-work-in-npu-v-neighborhoods.
Good Afternoon NPU Chairs!
I want to introduce Krystal Lunsford to you all! She is the Fulton County District Attorney’s Office Citizens CourtWatch Director. You might remember me mentioning CourtWatch in the NPU meetings and/or heard of it before, but this unit is a great way to keep you all informed about what’s going in court. See the link below for more info on Krystal.
But, I need your help in getting all the proper contacts to her. I have passed on the email addresses of you all and the neighborhood presidents, but could all you provide the most recent contacts as well? Sometimes the internet is not the most up to date so any neighborhood presidents, public safety chairs, or anyone that is interested in hearing about Zone 3 cases – please pass on their information!
Thank you all!