SUMMER YOUTH PROGRAMS
- Goodwill of North Georgia is actively recruiting for the Summer 2019 This Way Ahead Internship Program, designed to provide young adults an opportunity to gain skills and confidence in a competitive work environment. These paid internship roles are with GAP, Old Navy, Banana Republic and Athleta stores and include: sales and support; shipment; fitting rooms; merchandise replenishment; store visuals; loss prevention. Goodwill provides Job Readiness Training for interested youth beginning in March. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Tommy Nobis Center is accepting applications for the 2019 Summer EYES program. Program participants will be able to reinforce learning obtained from attending classes of PSA and JRT during the school year by working in the community sites and receiving additional training. Participants will also gain exposure to potential employment opportunities. Each student will have gained the skills needed to obtain employment and further assist them toward goals of becoming a productive member of society. Please send referral information to Elyse Stokes, Program Coordinator, Elyse.Stokes@tommynobiscenter.org by May 17th. Click here for a flyer.
- WorkSource Fulton’s Legacy Youth program is currently recruiting for the 2019 Summer Work Experienceproject. The program will provide short term paid internships for Out Of School Youth, ages 16-24, and will include jobs available in different career sectors such as customer service, healthcare, logistics, IT and telecommunications. Interested participants should call Robin Cousins, Program Manager at 404-414-4231.
HIRING ALERTS FOR JOB SEEKERS
- Premier Placements is actively recruiting for groundskeepers in the apartment industry for positions throughout metro Atlanta. The position does not require any previous experience, nor do they need to own a vehicle. Many of the opportunities are accessible through public transportation. The work is primarily outdoors. The position pays $12 per hour. If you know of anyone who would benefit from this type of work, contact Tina Sibley at 678-965-5690 or email@example.com.
JOB FAIRS AND HIRING EVENTS FOR JOB SEEKERS
- Goodwill of North Georgia hosts hiring events and job fairs in partnership with employers at its Career Centers each month. Following is a look at upcoming opportunities to engage with employers. For a complete list of Goodwill events for job seekers, click here for access to event calendars for each Career Center.
- Decatur – Adecco-CSM Bakery Staffing Event – Monday, April 29th, from 9:30 AM to 12:00 PM,Decatur Career Center (2201 Lawrenceville Highway, Suite 200, Decatur, GA). Contact Leira Garcia-Cabrera at firstname.lastname@example.org or 404-554-9600 for more information. (This hiring event is by appointment only.)
- The Urban League of Greater Atlanta’s College and Career Center and Six Flags Over Georgia will host a hiring event on Monday, April 29th, from 5:00 PM to 7:00 PM, at the At-Promise Center (740 Cameron Madison Alexander Blvd NW, Atlanta, GA). Six Flags is hiring for several positions at the park. Job seekers should be prepared to interview. For more information on Six Flags, click here.
- Job Fair ATL is hosting its next Job Fair on Monday, May 13th, from 11:00 AM to 6:00 PM, at the Hyatt Regency Atlanta (265 Peachtree Street, NE, Atlanta, GA). Job seekers can meet and interview with hiring companies from the following sectors: accommodations, accounting, advertising, aerospace, agriculture & agribusiness, air transportation, apparel & accessories, auto, banking, beauty & cosmetics, biotechnology, chemical, communications, computer, construction, consulting, consumer products, education, electronics, employment, energy, entertainment & recreation, fashion, financial services, fine arts, food & beverage, green technology, health, information, information technology, insurance, journalism & news, legal services, manufacturing, media & broadcasting, medical devices & supplies, motion pictures & video, music, pharmaceutical, public administration, public relations, publishing, real estate, retail, service, sports, technology, telecommunications, tourism, transportation, travel, utilities, video game, and web services. Click here for a link to register.
- The City of Refuge is holding its next Career Fair on Wednesday, May 15th, from 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM, in partnership with Veterans Molding Minds, at its Workforce Innovation Hub (1300 Joseph E. Boone Boulevard, Atlanta, GA). Click here for a flyer for dates on future career fairs.