The TransFormation Alliance Youth Academy offers young people (ages 13-17) from NPU-V communities a week of interactive and experiential learning both inside and outside of the classroom.
By participating in the Academy you will:
- Become a better leader and ambassador for your community,
- Earn a daily stipend of $25,
- Establish trusted relationships with a peer group of local community youth leaders and equity advocates,
- Understand the intersecting ways that race, transit, climate, and health affect development patterns and our daily lives,
- Gain leadership skills to engage, organize, and mobilize residents, and
- Learn story-telling skills and publish a piece about your community.
The Youth Academy will take place on August 5th-9th, 10am-4pm. In addition to the daily stipend, free lunch is included each day. Spaces are limited!