The Atlanta Streets Alive season has continued to demonstrate the importance of Safe Streets, provided attendees with a fun way to interact with local business, and created family-friendly community connections. The Cross-City route boasted 145,000 attendees and over 100 businesses and organizations activating the streets. We are so excited to have this initiative that brings out the best of city life in Southwest Atlanta.
The route scheduled for September 29th originally included Cascade Road and Ralph David Abernathy Boulevard and was supposed to terminate in West End, but the route has been modified to extend the Ralph David Abernathy Blvd. portion east all the way to Hank Aaron Drive in Summerhill. That means that ASA will be returning to NPU-V for the first time since 2017!
Atlanta Streets Alive: Southwest will be on Sunday, September 29th from 230P – 630P with street closures from 1230P – 8P.
LOCATION: Cascade Ave from Beecher Street (near Live Edge) to Ralph David Abernathy Blvd and Ralph David Abernathy Blvd from W Ontario Avenue (in Westview) to Hank Aaron Drive (in Summerhill)
OPENING CEREMONY: Cascade Avenue (at Beecher Street), 2:00P – 2:30P
- The streets are closed to car traffic from 12:30P – 8:00P, with an exception for residents, churches, and businesses directly on the route that require local access.
- Local access is extended to one hour post the initial street closure (1:30P) and one hour in advance of the streets reopening (7:00P).
- APD will manage car traffic at most cross streets throughout the program.
- During the hours of street closures, most cross streets will remain open to car traffic, except during the kickoff parade at 2:30P.
- APD will temporarily close cross streets during the kickoff parade. Drivers along cross streets may experience minor delays at that time.
Atlanta Streets Alive will be presenting at our next NPU-V meeting on Monday, August 12th. Please attend if you have any questions. The presentation will provide information regarding street closures, participation procedures, and engagement activities for Atlanta Streets Alive. Residents, organizations, and businesses in the area have the opportunity to participate as a Route Host, Activity Partner or volunteer. Additionally, the advocacy alignment will ask attendees to sign the Safe Streets Pledge.
For more information, please visit https://www.atlantastreetsalive.com/southwest or contact email@example.com