Greetings, NPU Chairs, Officers, and other interested folks! I am so happy to share with you our 2020 NPU University Course Catalog! We are really pleased with the course offerings and expect the classes to be informative and empowering for you and your neighbors. As the team made our way around the city, the most frequently asked questions we got were where? and when? I’ll save you some time and answer that here: the date(s), time(s) and location for each class will be announced approximately 30-45 days in advance. We are committed to trying our best to find locations around the city that are convenient for drivers, riders and bikers. If there is a class that interests you, let us know by completing the interest form online or in the catalog, and we’ll reach out with all the relevant details as soon as it’s available.
We expect to have the printed catalogs available for distribution by the end of next week. Our distribution plan includes plenty of print copies for every NPU, each councilmember, a limited number of neighborhoods upon request, a few libraries and other public spaces. If you run out, please let us know and we’ll gladly get you more!
I hope that you find the catalog to be clear and comprehensive, but as always, if you have any questions or feedback, please don’t hesitate to call, email, text or visit us.
(And while I have your attention, please review these quick updates/announcements):
- We will be finalizing our 2020 Neighborhood Directory next week. Updates were due on December 30, 2019 and we still have not received most of them. If you have not submitted your updates by Monday, February 3, 2020, they will not be included in this year’s directory. No changes or updates will be accepted after Monday, and follow-up calls or emails will not be made to obtain missing information.
- Please remember these upcoming classes:
- NP 1001 Chairperson’s Training and Orientation – Saturday, February 8th at 9:00 a.m. at Atlanta City Hall (for all NPU Chairs and NPU Vice Chairs)
- NP 1002 Elected Officers Orientation – Saturday, February 15th at 9:00 a.m. at Atlanta City Hall (for all NPU secretaries, other NPU elected officers are welcome)
- NP 1003 Parliamentary Procedure – Saturday, February 22nd from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon; location to be determined (for all NPU Chairs, NPU Parliamentarians, neighborhood officers and the general public)
Leah LaRue, Registered Mediator
Assistant Director, Neighborhood Planning Units