From the City of Atlanta Department of Planning:
Please share this information with your email distribution, email groups, next door groups…Everybody! We want you to take advantage of the opportunity to have one-on-one exchange with City Planning Staff.
Thank you for your input during Phase I of the Zoning Ordinance Update project! We are all set to launch Phase II of the project. The Department of City Planning (Department) will launch two (2) Public Forums –April 9, 2018 (Atlanta Metropolitan State College) and April 11, 2018 (Trinity Presbyterian Church). In addition, the Department will hold eight (8) Open House Sessions throughout the City. It is our intent to provide citizens with an opportunity for input and education on the proposed zoning adjustments.
The City of Atlanta Zoning Ordinance Update Phase II is a direct result of the Zoning Ordinance Diagnostic conducted in 2016. The proposed amendments will seek to:
- Clarify and improve certain provisions of the Atlanta Zoning Ordinance and Subdivision Ordinance for usability
- Provide consistency with the City’s Comprehensive Development Plan and other comprehensive planning processes
- Update consistency with state and federal law, and advance the public health, safety and welfare.
- Offer best practices in zoning
- Improve public perceptions of, and experiences with, the Zoning Ordinance
We look forward to engaging with you at one or more meetings.